Saturday, July 17, 2010

'The future is safe' - Salman Butt

How do you summarise the events in the last 24 hours?
I knew nothing about it [Shahid Afridi's retirement from Tests] beforehand. But I have respect for his honest opinion and he made a very good decision. He took the captaincy after we did not have a good tour of Australia, and we'd had a very difficult time, so he has done a great job so far. He has been doing wonderfully well in the one-dayers and Twenty20. I really respect his decision about Test cricket because this is a totally different domain. It is a big decision to make and not too many people would've gone through and made a decision like he did.
Did you predict anything like this might happen when the tour began?
Being the vice-captain meant if anything goes wrong you are the next man. So I was partially ready for something like this, but I didn't expect him to retire like this. So mentally I was partially prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment